Join our 2022 Community Supported Agriculture Club!
Already convinced? Get your CSA Share in the online Store.
We’re psyched to announce that we’re starting a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) club! For just $325 until MayDay, $380 after that, you and your family can get a monthly share, May-December of 2022, of 2oz of tincture, 2oz of salve, oil, lotion or scrub, 2oz of dried herbs and a surprise gift every month! And, as a special thank you, you’ll get a tincture and a lip balm as soon as you sign up!
The CSA concept has been around for a while now, and time has proven it very effective. The idea is simple: Farmers need money at the beginning of the growing season, but it often takes months before they have anything much to sell. This fact has been grossly exploited by “conventional” agri-business. Read about the nightmare of credit and waste farmers face in our latest blog post. Suffice to say it’s not a viable option for small organic (certified or otherwise) farms.
Blog post: Why We Need Community Supported Agriculture.
Live too far to pick up in B*More or Berkeley Springs? No problem! for a one-time fee of $50, we’ll ship your shares to you!
In order to have a successful growing season, we need:
- seeds, seedlings and transplants from trusted organic and chemical free sources,
- a pump for our newly-dug well;
- significant repairs to our only piece of “farm equipment” thus far, a 1992 pickup whose Winter work, once he’s street legal, will largely consist of trips around town for loads of manure and cardboard (cheaper and much more sustainable than chemical fertilizers, but boy do we need that truck working!) to improve our heavy, clay soil
- some new small tools, including shovels (because we went so hard this year we broke TWO shovel handles!) and a cordless drill for building and fixing structures;
- greenhouse grade plastic sheeting for hoop houses – hopefully in time to start seedlings, but also for use drying herbs come Summer;
and surely lots of things we haven’t yet thought of!
The shares will be carefully curated herbs appropriate to the season and your household’s needs. You might get a 2oz bottle of one type of tincture, or two 1oz bottles of two types. Same with the salves and the dried herbs; you might get two ounces of one type, or smaller amounts of several types. This will depend in part on what grows well, as is the nature of CSAs. Sign up today!
Other perks of membership include:
- No need to pay shipping on anything! Any order you place over the course of the month can be picked up with your share. If you’re having your share shipped, we’ll add it to the box, even if that means using a bigger box. (If you need something immediately, and can’t wait for pickup week, you may still need to pay for shipping. We’ll do what we can.)
- Get a 25% off code to use twice over the course of the year! Good on almost anything!
- Get exclusive discounts on particularly abundant herbs or potions!
- Cool Points, redeemable in many social circles, for nurturing your health and wholeness while supporting a woman-owned, family run Herb Farm and Apothecary!
What are you waiting for? Join the club!